The Northwestern Ontario Women’s Centre would like to invite you to our upcoming community information session on:
FEDERAL CREDITS & BENEFITS
- Learn more about the Canada Child Benefit & the Child Disability Benefit, and some of the common issues surrounding these benefits.
- What happens to your benefits after separation or divorce? What are some of the issues with the CRA’s review process?
- What kind of information and types of documents are relevant to the CRA if you are under review? Where can you turn for assistance?
- Understand the eligibility criteria & how to apply for federal energy credits, property tax credits, GST/HST credits & more.
- In what situations do you need to claim tax exempt income in order to receive your benefits?
- Find out if you are eligible for free tax help.
- PLUS… CRA representatives will be on after the session to answer your questions one on one!
Larissa Speak/Melanie MacKenzie – Staff Lawyers, Kinna-aweya Legal Clinic
Sharon Corston – Co-ordinator, Community Volunteer Income Tax Program
Erin Jeffery – Outreach Officer, Canada Revenue Agency
WHEN: Wednesday April 11th, 9:00am – 11:00am
WHERE: Italian Cultural Centre (132 Algoma St.)
Session is FREE & open to ALL.
Space is limited; to reserve your seat, please contact the Northwestern Ontario Women’s Centre
tel: (807) 345-7802 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org